PayGarden Privacy and Terms
Welcome to PayGarden.com, the website and online service of PayGarden, Inc. (“PayGarden” “we,” or “us”). PayGarden is a gift card payment service (the “Service”) we have created so that you may use any valid gift cards towards your purchase of products online.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable Copyright and Trademark Law.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will only share your email address with third party providers in order to complete your transaction. No other information about you provided to us shall be disclosed.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
The Service may allow you to use gift cards, coupons, codes, or the like that are redeemable for goods or services by third parties (“Gift Cards”). Gift Card transactions on or through the Service are governed by this Agreement. You agree to pay all applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity in connection with your participation in the Service.
Offer / Acceptance / PayGarden Fee
PayGarden, in its sole discretion will determine the value on each Gift Card presented by Users, and based on that value, will determine what Users can purchase from any particular partner using the PayGarden Service. Included in this determination is the fee PayGarden will collect from Users’ Gift Cards if transactions are completed. Users’ sole recourse with respect to PayGarden's determination of the value of a Gift Card, and what said Gift Card can purchase on a partner's site, is either to accept PayGarden's determination, or reject the determination and cancel the transaction using PayGarden’s Service.
Redeeming Gift Cards
You hereby represent and warrant and continue to represent and warrant, in connection with any Gift Card you redeem through or on the Service, the following
- the Gift Card is valid
- the Gift Card is redeemable for the amount of credit that you state through the Service
- that you have not in any way retained a way to redeem the Gift Card after selling the card
- the Gift Card and any interest therein is fully transferable to PayGarden in the manner contemplated by this Agreement
- you are the sole lawful owner of the Gift Card and all interests thereto
- the Gift Card is not subject to any liens, obligations, or encumbrances of a third party
- you shall comply with all other requirements to complete the Gift Card transaction required by the Service
Once you confirm a sale of a Gift Card to PayGarden, you agree to transfer ownership of the Gift Card and any interest therein to PayGarden. You agree that no portion of the Gift Card and any interest therein will be redeemed at any point subsequent to the transaction. PayGarden is not responsible for any errors that you have made in entering gift card information and is not liable for any such errors.
No Refunds or Responsibility for Third Party Goods and Services
PayGarden shall not be responsible for refunds to you once a purchase has been made using the Service. Any and all requests by you for refunds, exchanges and the like arising from the sale of goods or services through the PayGarden Service shall be between you and the third party seller of such goods and services. PayGarden does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the PayGarden Service or any hyperlinked web site or service, and PayGarden shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third party providers of goods or services.
End User License Grant
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable, license to use the Service. PayGarden reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the PayGarden Content (as defined below). PayGarden may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on PayGarden's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on PayGarden's web site
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by PayGarden at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Our Proprietary Rights
The Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and other content (the “PayGarden Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of PayGarden and its licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the PayGarden Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”
- using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the PayGarden servers than can be reasonably produced in the same period of time by using a conventional online web browser (except that PayGarden grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from PayGarden.com for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials)
- transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service
- using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity
- interfering with the proper working of the Service
- accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service
- bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein
PayGarden may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit you access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in PayGarden's sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
All aspects of the Service are subject to change or elimination at PayGarden's sole discretion. PayGarden reserves the right to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason. You agree that PayGarden will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform.
The materials on PayGarden's web site are provided “as is”. PayGarden makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, PayGarden does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall PayGarden or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on PayGarden's Internet site, even if PayGarden or a PayGarden authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on PayGarden's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. PayGarden does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. PayGarden may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. PayGarden does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PayGarden and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any data or content that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PAYGARDEN, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PAYGARDEN, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PAYGARDEN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PAYGARDEN ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; (VII) THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (VIII) LOST, STOLEN, OR OTHERWISE IRREDEEMABLE GIFT CARDS. IN NO EVENT SHALL PAYGARDEN, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT OF YOUR GIFT CARD TRANSACTIONS WITH PAYGARDEN FOR THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY AROSE.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF PAYGARDEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. PayGarden makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by PayGarden without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over PayGarden, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any claim or dispute between you and PayGarden that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Francisco County, California, unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph.
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) under this Agreement where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration. The party electing such arbitration shall initiate the arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by in-person, telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, as selected by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not require any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
PayGarden may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by PayGarden in our sole discretion. PayGarden reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users. PayGarden is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us.
Entire Agreement; Severability
This Agreement, together with any amendments and any documents referenced herein, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and PayGarden concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and PayGarden's failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Please contact us at [email protected]arden.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.